Monday 31 December 2007

New Year, New Us.

It's 4.30am on the 1st January 2008, and I know I am not alone in being thrilled to see the back of 2007. At the stroke of midnight I felt as if the world had been lifted off my shoulders. One friend whispered in my ear "you deserve a better year, this year Lizzie, and I hope you find your happiness!" I have heard a version of that comment from lot's of close friends over the last few weeks, it has helped me to realise how lucky I am to have people who care about me, in my life.

Apparently, 2007 was a bad year because the 2 and 7 make 9 and that's all to do with endings, where as now in 2008 we are back to a 1 which is new beginnings. Thank God!

Right up until the midnight chimes, for me, things have been turbulent this year. One of my New Year's Resolutions is to only take with me, from last year, my wiser- self. I finally mentally excluded one person today, promising myself and my friends that this person's name would never ever be uttered again. When we waste energy on people who don't deserve it, we are loosing our power to make both people we love and ourselves happy. It's so tough to let go when we have been wronged, but karma can only begin to take place when we do. So, to that person - R.I.P.

Welcome 2008! Am I glad to see you, I know this is going to be a good one for me, my family and all those who deserve it. This is the beginning of the journey now for those who want enlightenment. And for those who don't - good luck!

Need to go to sleep now - got a busy year ahead!

2 comments:

harpercat said...

Sounds exciting - I LOVE the positivity that radiates from this post!! I truly hope 2008 will being you all the happiness and continued success that you deserve, and that finally maybe ITV just might...
You're so right about not wasting energy on those who don't deserve it. I think everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt but if they've proven themselves unworthy then - hey, enough already!
Happy New Year, Happy New You!!!

gateway1 said...

To be tied in with earlier comments and asked questions;)
Old story:
A farmer one day lost his breeding mare, his son and his village cried aloud, Oh bad luck has visited you this day. The farmer replied,"Bad luck, good luck? Who knows?"
A week later his mare returned, leading four wild horses back into her field.
His son and village friends, rejoiced and shouted that good luck had visited the farmer. The farmer replied "Good luck, bad luck? Who knows"
The next week, the farmers son fell from a wild horse his was trying to tame. Oh woe, cried the villagers and son, bad luck has knocked on your door my friend. "Bad luck, good luck? Who knows?" came the reply.

A week later the army came and took away all the young men of the village to fight in a war of man's vanity and greed, all except the farmers son who could not fight.

Good luck, bad luck? Who knows truly the path that events set us upon?