Monday 12 November 2007

Helping find Madeleine McCann

Madeleine McCann has been missing for more than six months now, and as a mother myself, I cannot imagine what it must be like for a parent to try and understand what happened that night and wonder whether she is safe. Our family went on a Mark Warner holiday to Italy 9 years ago. Mike and I dined in the hotel restaurant leaving the children under the watch of the patrolling nannies. Of course, hindsight is a good thing and like most parents, I imagine, I will never leave them again. Yet, as a small child I lived in a very large Old Rectory and the distance between my room and my parents' were was comparable. Being a parent is the hardest job in the world, and no-one is perfect.

As a psychic I have tried to "tune in" to her whereabouts but I choose not to "see" whether she is alive or, god forbid, dead. I believe, if asked, I would simply help locate her.

Last year, one Friday afternoon a client rang me deeply distressed, as her brother had left a suicide note and was now missing. After calming her down, we began working together to find him. I knew we were up against the clock, but if we were quick enough and stayed focussed we would locate him.

Over this distressing and exhausting weekend, I sat with my 'phone clamped to one ear, staring at a map guiding Debbie and her distraught sister across miles of countryside. This was a race against time, as I frantically tried to decipher psychic messages, symbols and words "given" to me. On at least three occasions, I would be drawn to a particular town and just as the girls arrived there, the police would confirm that Andy had withdrawn cash from the town's branch, we missed him by no more than an hour each time.

I had to think laterally, but it was so difficult with Debbie sobbing on the 'phone. I began to see a church, and a golf course over and over again, but it made no sense as we carried on looking. As Saturday night loomed, I made it very clear that under no circumstances were both girls to go to sleep at the same time, as I felt their brother may call. Late that night, Debbie rang and at first her screams were so hysterical I thought we were too late. When she had taken a few deep breaths, she explained that she had been so wracked with tiredness, she had fallen asleep for no more than half an hour. Of course, in that time he had left a message on her mobile saying his last good-byes. I will never forget hearing the chilling message Andy left for his family.

I felt I had failed, but despite this I was determined to continue with the search, praying that it wouldn't all be in vain. The girls were back on the road and this time I felt as if I was in the car with them. I "saw" a hotel by a stretch of water and fir trees. I felt they were very close to something, minutes later Debbie passed a hotel fitting my description, I told them to turn around and go inside and look for him.

As I stayed on the 'phone, I heard her walk into the hotel and ask reception if they recognised the photo' of her brother. The man behind the desk said "no" but I knew we were at the right place, so I insisted she find the manager. She did, and to my relief, I heard him say he did recognise Andy as a guest at the hotel. Debbie and her sister went radio silent for around twenty minutes as they went to search his room; it seemed like an eternity. Finally, they called back with bitter sweet news, his belongings were there, but no sign of Andy.

Moments later there was a call , Andy had been spotted running away from another relative's house just up the road in Stokenchurch. He was alive, but how long for? Both sisters wanted to rush over and find him; I felt this was the wrong thing to do and persuaded them to sit tight. It paid off; their distressed brother returned to the hotel room where the girls finally managed talk him out of harming himself.

Two long days of hell, I was exhausted so I can't imagine what the family were going through, but all worth it. By the way, the fir trees were on all the stationary at the hotel, as it was relevant to it's name. I believe that information I am picking up on has to be thought out laterally. The golf course was my local club Stoke (not that I play), and coupled with the church I was seeing.......... for me it suddenly made sense. That was a good lesson for me.

I desperately want to help find little Maddie, not for the money thanks, or the credit, but because it is deeply frustrating having information and being unable to use it. I have contacted all sorts of media and the police - and of course the family, but keep hitting a brick wall. I have heard that other psychics have been offering their services so it's understandable that I am not getting through.

Again, as a mother I would try anything, but then I am not in their position. However, if someone out there is willing to be my man on the ground and is good at lateral thinking, I am here waiting. I can say that already a number of things I have picked up on tie in with certain events. All these have been logged and dated and sent to a friend in Spain. Ironically, I even have friend, whose mother owns the apartment above the one where Maddie was taken. I feel so close, yet so far away.

1 comment:

harpercat said...

what a fascinating link Lizzie - haven't had time to reasd it all in depth yet but what i've read so far is very thought-provoking and extremely interesting. 2012 isn't far away - the world certainly needs to change for the better on so many levels and in so many ways, so here's hoping.... bring it on!