Tuesday 27 November 2007

A Mars a day.....can send you mad.

According to a good friend who is into all things astrological, Mars is in retrograde (whatever that means). If, like me you are having a challenging time right now and questioning every area of your life, the red planet is totally reponsible.

I don't think there has been one month this year, when the big bad emotional truck hasn't hurtled towards me sending me flying into yet another storm. "Lucky you!" declares Cosmo - our local chrystal shop owner and full time guru. Stunned, I stare at him and ask the obvious "er...... because?". "Because, the universe has given you the opportunity to learn so much and when you come out the otherside you will be better for it!"

OK, so he has point, but non-stop, all year round!? I left his beautiful and deeply energising shop, and thought about what he had said all the way home. What had I learnt, and what am I going to do about it? Once I decided there was no point hiding under the bed, (which is what I do when my 6 year old daughter can't decide what to wear), I realised you can offer help and some people will take it, some people will even take and then spit it right back at you, but it's their stuff and I have to focus on doing what's right for me. The only way to really help people is by example, it was time to get back to what I believed in and not allow emotional vampires to drain me any more.

So, recently I have started to pour my energy again into what I believe in - love, happiness, sucess, and magic. Whilst I have been hurt very badly by some people who meant so much to me, out of the ashes has risen some incredible friends, people who have showed me the most amazing love and understanding and I appreciate them more than I can say.

Yesterday, I started to see a difference in my life, a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. Patience does pay off, there is a reason for everything that happens in life. It's time to focus on the good people in our lives and cherish them, the bad don't really exist, they are just there to remind us of who we shouldn't be.

I am now in pursuit of real happiness for myself and my family and friends. I am licking my wounds and moving on and trusting that it will be all wonderful in the end. So to all those who thought you could destroy me, I wish you well with your lives and if you keep on trucking, I won't be on that high way, I'm afraid. More importantly, thank you to those who have been there for me - and you know who you are.

And as for you Mars..................................!

1 comment:

harpercat said...

You tell 'em, girl!!! Love the attitude!

But it's so true - focusing on the positive elements and the things that keep you whole and true to yourself is surely the only way to go. Especially if you want to keep your sanity!!