Wednesday 10 September 2008

Cyber Friendship

Yesterday, I received an e mail from a friend. It was entitled "If I get this back OK. if not I know why!" On opening it up I am met with an image of a girl on a bike and a script that read

Sometimes in life,
You find a special friend;

Someone who changes your life
Just by being part of it.

Someone who makes you laugh
Until you can't stop;

Someone who makes you believe
That there really is good in the world.

Someone who convinces you
That there really is an unlocked door
Just waiting for you to open it.

This is Forever Friendship.

This is the sacred RED
ROSE.

Of course it then went on to say that if I passed this on to a certain number of people, then a wish would be granted but if I didn't return it to my friend she would be insulted!

Whilst I am absolutely sure my friend's intentions were good, as I know her well enough. How many of us receive these mails, then send them out so that they might, just might, get THEIR wish and have they considered the thought of the person receiving them really? Is it really fair to put someone else in that position? Let's face it, this is just a scare mongering marketing ploy and if you are really unlucky you might get a computer virus thrown in for good measure!

Surely, the way to let friends know that you care is to just go and tell them? Perhaps, buy them a real bunch of flowers or write them a heart felt letter, or better still go and tell them! Doing a good deed for someone else is not about expecting something in return, that is what we call unconditional love.

So thank you to the person who sent me the e mail and thank you for being a friend, but I would prefer to cook you supper again soon, or do something for you that makes your life a little easier in your day. Please ask me any time you know where I am, you only have to ask. x

1 comment:

Lara said...

Morning darling,

I get these "chain" letters all the time and l just delete them immediately.. some of them even say "send this to 20 people within 30 minutes else you will receive bad luck for 10 years"

LOL

they are joking, right? We make our own luck... not by some empty threat!

Kisses xx