Wednesday 12 March 2008

The storm before the calm

Something is happening, these amazing winds we are having fill with me with a curious excitement, rather like the film Chocolate,as if something is about to happen. I can't get enough of being out in this weather, in the last month there has been an earthquake and now more extraordinary weather. What's next?

It has taken me a few days to get my head around what happened on Sunday (please see my last blog). I truly believe I was meant to be there, and learn some amazing lessons from that experience. I witnessed the end of a man's 82 years of life, and watched his incredibly dignified wife say good bye to the man who walked her path in life with for 53 years. As she bent over to kiss him goodbye for the last time, her calm composure rocked my soul, leaving me feeling deeply humbled.

I reflected on my own life and how I have shed many many tears for men who have come and gone in my own life, who didn't care about my feelings. Yet, this wonderful amazing woman told me he had been loved and he loved, it was just his time to go, and I knew she felt certain that she would see him again.

This is a major reality check for me. Every day life is changing, go and stand in the wind and feel it. There is so much more to come.

No comments: