Wednesday 10 October 2007

So this is my first ever blog! Frankly, there are plenty of other things I should be doing, however, I find myself so bemused and frustrated right now and I am hoping this will be cathartic. Having just had a visit from my dear friend and author Barbara Ford-Hammond, we met up to plan our new day courses. Surfing the Internet for research I am greeted by some of the most hideous shades of purple, ear piercing music and angel icons on offer to entice lost souls on to life changing courses.Is it any wonder that the few "normal" holistic practitioners out there all get tarred with the same bonkers brush?

Since discovering there was more to life than just the usual day to day drudgery I have tried to keep my practice as far away as possible from the sitting under the triangle, knitting yogurt brigade for that very reason. "Gosh, you don't look like a psychic, you look like the mother who does the school run!" informed one of my clients on arrival. I didn't know psychics didn't do a typical school run, perhaps they travel on broomsticks or cast a spell, and with one puff of green smoke their little darlings are safely sitting at their desks ready for the first lesson! I must have missed that chapter in Mystic for Beginners. But then again, why would I want to do that? I would miss out on my daily dose of the play ground mafia. Brand spanking new Land Rover keys clutched tightly in their hand, intently listening to the latest gossip (it's parents in the big school who swing this week, by the way) whilst little Archie is freezing to death in his corduroy shorts wanting to go to class, about to get knocked down by another four wheel drive about to reverse into him.

It's like pushing water up a hill sometimes trying convince others that there is so much more to life. Yet, as the Buddhists would say "some people wouldn't have it any other way", in other words, there are those who are happy, being unhappy! Not me, I know that there is something amazing and magical within us and all around us and we can all find it. With some tuning in, meditation, affirmations and an open mind you can change your life.

1 comment:

Cry said...

Great to see your blog up and running. Know what you mean about School runs.....good luck