Thursday 28 May 2009

Good morning Spain

Its 7.30am and I am surrounded by a backdrop of the most beautiful Spanish Mountains. The sun is already up and I can see for miles. No matter what is going on in life when you see something as stunning as this you know there must a higher force.

I thought my journey here was going to be challenging as I spent most of my time at the airport in queues. I read somewhere that we spend two years of our life in queues....two bloody years!!! So, now I avoid them as much as possible and when I am in one try to make the most of it. The flight was great.... suprisingly good actually. My host and dearest friend Tina collected me from the airport with her daughter Gina, and we made our way up the mountain, at least I think we did I kept my eyes shut most of the way....the Spanish seem to drive as if the lives are totally irrelavant!!

I feel this strange happiness today and I haven't quite figured out why. It's just a kind of "glad to be alive" feeling, blessed to have what I have and excited about the future. This morning I am off to clear a haunted hotel and then this afternoon I take part in a course....more on that later.

We cant all step outside and look at mountains to remind ourselves how lucky we are, but we all have something not far away that we can look at to remind ourselves that life isn't so bad. Family, home, a park, the sky.....go and find something and have a lovely day!

PS For those who are interested this where I am staying http://www.thelodgeronda.com/lodge/html/EN/the_Lodge_Ronda_index_en.html (my room is little door on the left!)

No comments: